What is the Friends of Konza Prairie?
Friends of Konza Prairie (FOKP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the support of the Konza Prairie environmental education program. As a member, your contributions are tax-deductible (less benefits received) and go to bringing area school children to the tallgrass prairie.
What does FOKP do?
- Supports the Konza Environmental Education Program (KEEP) for K-12 students. KEEP introduces students to ecology and beauty of the tallgrass prairie. The program also connects students to this amazing ecosystem and introduces them to the science and research of the Konza Prairie Biological Station.
- Supports the work and activities of the Konza Prairie Biological Station.
- Sponsors special events at Konza Prairie throughout the year, such as:
- Cure for Cabin Fever Soup and Song in January
- Greater Prairie-chicken viewing in April
- Walk with Researchers guided hike of headquarters in May
- Wildflower Walk on Butterfly Hill in June
- Bison Barbecue and Bison Loop Tour in September
- Visions of the Flint Hills art show at the Buttonwood Art Space, Kansas City, MO in October/November
Call (785) 587-0381 or email at: email@example.com
Want to Contribute to Support Konza Prairie?
Your support is appreciated - and easily made here
Memorials to the Friends of Konza Prairie may be sent to:FOKP116 Ackert HallDivision of Biology; KSUManhattan, KS 66506
2022 FOKP Annual Meeting and Bison Event
When: Sunday, September 25th
- General meeting @ 4:00 pm - Stone barn at Konza Prairie headquarters
- Bison burger bbq @ 5:00 pm - Stone house patio
- Bison Loop driving tour @ 6:00 pm - leaving from the patio area - driving in school buses (no AC)
For Friends of Konza Prairie - please RSVP if you want a burger: 785-587-0381 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a member of the Friends of Konza Prairie and join us!
2023 Wildflower Walk
When: Sunday, June 4th @ 6:30 pm
Join us for a guided hike of the gorgeous Butterfly Hill trail at the headquarters area of Konza Prairie. Each group of 10 people will be paired with a knowledgeable docent guide who will identify wildflowers and lead you on a 1.5 mile easy tour of our site.
This evening is always one of the most beautiful of the year! You can expect to see over 50 different native flowering plants and get view of the Flint Hills during a summer sunset. It is simply gorgeous.
No reservations needed - just come to the headquarters of Konza at 6:30 on Sunday June 5th. $10/person or free for members of the Friends of Konza Prairie.
No pets allowed.
Questions? Call (785) 587-0381