What is the Friends of Konza Prairie?
Friends of Konza Prairie (FOKP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the support of the Konza Prairie environmental education program. As a member, your contributions are tax-deductible (less benefits received) and go to bringing area school children to the tallgrass prairie.
What does FOKP do?
- Supports the Konza Environmental Education Program (KEEP) for K-12 students. KEEP introduces students to ecology and beauty of the tallgrass prairie. The program also connects students to this amazing ecosystem and introduces them to the science and research of the Konza Prairie Biological Station.
- Supports the work and activities of the Konza Prairie Biological Station.
- Sponsors special events at Konza Prairie throughout the year, such as:
- Cure for Cabin Fever Soup and Song in January
- Greater Prairie-chicken viewing in April
- Walk with Researchers guided hike of headquarters in May
- Wildflower Walk on Butterfly Hill in June
- Bison Barbecue and Bison Loop Tour in September
- Visions of the Flint Hills art show at the Buttonwood Art Space, Kansas City, MO in October/November
Call (785) 587-0381 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
When: October 2 - November 20, 2020
You may also schedule an in-person viewing of the show here. The show is at the Buttonwood Art Space - 3013 Main Street, Kansas City, MO
Why: Come see amazing art from local artisans that showcases the beauty of the Flint Hills - plus 50% of the proceeds from the sale of the art goes to the Friends of Konza Prairie and is used to support the environmental education program at Konza Prairie.
Check out our new 2021 Friends of Konza Prairie Calendar! Available at the Flint Hills Discovery Center and at Claflin Books and Copies