What is the Friends of Konza Prairie?
Friends of Konza Prairie (FOKP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the support of the Konza Prairie environmental education program. As a member, your contributions are tax-deductible (less benefits received) and go to bringing area school children to the tallgrass prairie.
What does FOKP do?
- Supports the Konza Environmental Education Program (KEEP) for K-12 students. KEEP introduces students to ecology and beauty of the tallgrass prairie. The program also connects students to this amazing ecosystem and introduces them to the science and research of the Konza Prairie Biological Station.
- Supports the work and activities of the Konza Prairie Biological Station.
- Sponsors special events at Konza Prairie throughout the year, such as:
- Cure for Cabin Fever Soup and Song in January
- Greater Prairie-chicken viewing in April
- Walk with Researchers guided hike of headquarters in May
- Wildflower Walk on Butterfly Hill in June
- Bison Barbecue and Bison Loop Tour in September
- Visions of the Flint Hills art show at the Buttonwood Art Space, Kansas City, MO in October/November
Call (785) 587-0381 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Contribute to Support Konza Prairie?
Your support is appreciated - and easily made here
Memorials to the Friends of Konza Prairie may be sent to:FOKP116 Ackert HallDivision of Biology; KSUManhattan, KS 66506
2022 Cure for Cabin Fever - Program, Soup, and Song
When: Sunday, February 6th @ 2:00 pm
Location: Konza Prairie Biological Station Headquarters - 100 Konza Prairie Lane, Manhattan, KS
Come join us February 6, 2022, for the annual Cure For Cabin Fever. We are planning on being in the Stone Barn at the Konza Prairie Biological Station and are excited that we will again share a variety of soups and breads for our meal.
The schedule is as follows:
2:00 PM- Dave Kendall, Prairie Hollow Productions, will be the speaker. Dave has recently released a video on the history of the Santa Fe Trail. It should be a lively afternoon with Dave as our speaker. Program will be in the lecture room of the Stone Barn.
3:00 PM- Feast on the many homemade soups available in the soup buffet. We will have music to complement our meal. Food and music will be in the big hall of the Stone Barn.
Questions? Call (785) 587-0381
Check out our new 2022 Friends of Konza Prairie Calendar! Available at Claflin Books and Copies - 4th & Poyntz, Manhattan KS