What is the Friends of Konza Prairie?
Friends of Konza Prairie (FOKP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the support of the Konza Prairie environmental education program. As a member, your contributions are tax-deductible (less benefits received) and go to bringing area school children to the tallgrass prairie.
What does FOKP do?
- Supports the Environmental Educator who develops educational programs for K-12 students and the general public, including the Docent Program, on prairie ecology and tallgrass prairie research and conservation.
- Markets Konza Prairie merchandise to raise funds for our education programs.
- Provides educational presentations about Konza Prairie to local organizations, through the FOKP Presenter's Bureau.
- Sponsors special events at Konza Prairie throughout the year, such as:
- Cure for Cabin Fever Soup and Song in January
- Greater Prairie-chicken viewing in April
- Walk with Researchers guided hike of headquarters in May
- Wildflower Walk on Butterfly Hill in June
- Bison Barbecue and Bison Loop Tour in September
- Visions of the Flint Hills art show at the Buttonwood Art Space, Kansas City, MO in October/November
Membership Questions? Contact Hallie Hatfield at (785) 587-0381 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Annual Wildflower Walk
When: Sunday, June 2nd - 6:30 pm
Where: Konza Prairie Biological Station - headquarters directions - NOTE: you will proceed past the entrance to the Nature Trail and enter into the KPBS headquarters area. Volunteers will be on hand to help direct you.
Cost: $10/person or free to members of the Friends of Konza Prairie
How far: You can turn around whenever you like, but the whole trail will be approximately 1.5 miles
No reservations required - just come out and join us!